Proteus AMBIO - Wireless Temperature/ Humidity Sensor
Got a question? Need help while setting up? Call us and talk to real and friendly support staff. No automated messages.
8 Reviews (4.8/5)
Proteus AMBIO — Wireless Temperature and Humidity Sensor
Take control of your environment. The Proteus AMBIO Wireless Temperature/Humidity Sensor can monitor home humidity and temperature so you have the peace of mind that comes with knowing conditions in your home are just where you want them. Our temperature and humidity sensor measures changes in humidity as small as 3%, and changes in temperature from minus 40 up to 257 degrees Fahrenheit.
How Temperature and Humidity Sensors Work
Our humidity and temperature monitor alerts you instantly through text, email or an audible buzzer so you are made aware when conditions fall outside your set parameters. Installation is a breeze, and you can change your settings or view data and alarm logs from your tablet, smartphone or computer.
Use the AMBIO wireless sensor to ensure that your condition-sensitive wares are in a favorable environment, even when you're away. You can trust our temperature and humidity sensor to keep the conditions at your home or business secure.
Temperature and Humidity Sensor Applications
Indoors or outdoors, dry or wet, hot or cold, our temperature and humidity monitor with alert system will hold up to the environment. The AMBIO has a broad set of applications but always fulfills its intended purpose. Whether you just want to keep your home from feeling stuffy or you need to maintain an antique automobile in a climate-controlled garage, our temperature and humidity sensor can do it all.
Monitoring the temperatures and humidity around your home is imperative to keeping it comfortable. It also gives you the confidence of knowing that your home is being properly heated or cooled when you're away.
If you're traveling for extended periods, this tool can ensure the conditions you come back to will be pleasant. If a critical system such as your heater or dehumidifier fails, you'll be the first to know, giving you the power to arrange a repair before any lasting damage can occur.
Keep your place of business's assets protected from the environment. The AMBIO's alert system will inform you if conditions are outside your desired range, which could put computers and other valuables at risk. Plus, keeping your work environment comfortable will lead to happier, more productive workers.
If you're traveling in an RV, it is likely the only place you'll have environmental control over on your whole trip. While traveling with a pet, use the AMBIO to make sure it stays comfortable while you're out on a hike or gone for long periods.
Whether it's your collection of vintage comic books or old letters written to and from your ancestors, keep your storage or collectible space monitored for optimal conditions with our sensors.
Server rooms are filled with thousands of dollars worth of electronics that are sensitive to temperature and humidity. Prevent them from damage by using our humidity monitor with alert systems.
Monitor your temperature-controlled garage remotely with our sensors to ensure your classic car is in the right conditions to avoid rust and wear and all times.
Because some plants aren't as hardy as others, it's important to check on their conditions to guarantee proper growth.
Refrigerators and Freezers
Have a finicky refrigerator or freezer? Use the AMBIO to monitor its temperature and preserve your food. In addition, you can graph temperatures recorded using our sensor, allowing you to monitor frost cycles and other occurrences.
Feel free to contact us today with any questions about our temperature and humidity monitors. Have a unique application and you're not sure if our sensors will work? We have tested our sensors with many third-party devices and apps and in many different environements, call us to see if we can make your unique application work. We'll help you make your environment better than ever.
Voice Call Alerts
Voice call alerts are part of the advanced options package and is a paid option. Notifications are charged on a per call basis at 9¢/ call
All proteus sensors, unless specified otherwise, are powered directly from a 120-240V AC wall outlet. Simply plugin the sensor to a standard wall outlet and you are good to go.
Can I install multiple sensor units in the same home or different homes?
Absolutely. When you go through the setup process, just remember to use the same primary email you used to setup your first sensor. All additional sensors will show up automatically on your cloud dashboard.
Can I name each base unit with unique names?
Yes you can. Login to the sensor cloud at proteushub.com, click on the settings tab of each sensor, modify Sensor name/ description field and save the settings. Your sensor has a unique name now. Any alerts will indiciate this name so you will know which sensor is triggering the alert.
Can I share my sensor cloud dashboard with another person?
Yes you can. There are few ways to do this.
1. If you want to share the sensor dashboard home page alone, then you can use the share dashboard widget. This is availabe as a blue and white arrow icon to the right of your sensor dashboard title. Click on it to generate a link to a read-only view of your dashboard. You can share this link (url) with anyone you wish to. They can access the dashboard and see the live data/ status of your sensor. However, they won't have acess to the settings, logs, alarms or any other parts of the cloud. You can delete this link any time you want and the link will stop working. A new link can be generated again if you need to.
2.If you want to share full access to your sensor dashboard in its entirety, you can set a password to the cloud login that you can share with those you want to. They can also login with the primary email and the password.
3.A third, more secure and convenient way is to use Team feature. This is an option available under the advanced package. Like many of the features under advanced options, Team feature is free to use. You can add anyone with an email address to your team. Once they accept your invitation, you can give them access to all or select sensors in your account. You can also control if they have full access or limited (view-only) access. You can also retract the authorization any time.
- Works great and is accurateLove it! Very accurate and reactive. Small and fits right on the wall socket. Planning to buy another one!
- accurate sensorsGood quality, pretty accurate readings. Buying second unit after i got and tested the first one
- Well Worth the Money!! Very Accurate, and responsiveThey've been perfect for monitoring the temperature in our office rooms. It does not have a display, you have to access it through a phone or pc. it shows daily highs and lows, both temperature and humidity which is nice. Price is a bit higher than Ideal for me.
- Good.Good device. Found through google, and it matches what I needed.
- A bit pricy, but good qualityWorks fine. I want more, waiting for sale. Amazon price is even higher.
- Bought it for my greenhouse!Good product. Could nt get the timings on email alerts correct. Called up support, and it was just a settings thing. Great team. Quick response if you need them.
- AccurateQuite precise. Also the Text alerts work great.
- Works great, No complaints.I have them for my attic, where I run some hobby stuff. Great product. Sends me alerts when the readings are out of range. Great to get them on cell phone. quick and easy setup.