Proteus C5 - Clamp on electric load current sensor
• ON/ OFF detection and alerting for motors, pumps, industrial machines, televisions, etc
• 802.11b/g WiFi provides seamless connectivity to your home/ office network
• Easy to change settings, view live data and alarm logs from your smartphone or PC
• Send alert emails and text messages to multiple emails and phones.
• Audible alert immediately notifies of any sensor reading fluctuations to alert local personal.
• Smart audible alert can be turned on, off or even programmed to turn off after few minutes
Proteus C5 WiFi electric current/ load sensors monitor the ON/ OFF status of your electrical devices such as motors, pumps, household items such as television, microwave, sump pumps, etc that consumes atleast 500mA current at 110V or 220V AC and sends you alert email/ text messages to your inbox or smart phone. C5 supports 802.11b/g Wifi and connects to your home or office Wi-Fi networks . Easily configure your sensor to send alerts.
This sensor acts as a current switch and is intended to be used only to monitor if a device is ON or OFF. It will not provide the actual current measurement.
Why monitor with a current sensor rather than check if power is on or not
Even when power is on, a device may or may not be running. If the equipment fails to turn on due to a fault, just knowing power is ON is not enough. With current based monitoring, the sensor trips only when the device is ON.
Super Easy Sensor Mounting
C5 electric load/ current sensor probe comes in a convenient clamp on packaging. Unlike conventional Current Transformers (CTs) and other current sensors, there is no need to splice up the sleeve of the power cord and isolate hot or neutral wires. Simply slide the clamp over the entire power cord. The probe connects to the base unit through a cable included with the unit.
C5 Sensor specifications
C5 electric load/ current sensor probe can be used with electrical equipments and appliances that meet the following criteria
- Minimum Current for detection: 500mA
- AC Voltage: 110-240V AC
- Monitor if a pump or motor has turned ON (or OFF)
- Monitor if a refrigerator has turned OFF
- Monitor if an electric equipement is turned on at a specific time interval
- Monitor if the TV is ON for more than a set time period (eg: 30 mins) at a specific time of day (eg: between 3 and 5 PM)
Audible,Email, Text Alerts
AMBIO sends alerts to your inbox or smart phone when sensors are triggered. An audible buzzer notifies nearby personal of any sensor threshold violations.
All proteus sensors, unless specified otherwise, are powered directly from a 120-240V AC wall outlet. Simply plugin the sensor to a standard wall outlet and you are good to go.