Proteus M5 Wi-Fi Motion Sensor
Got a question? Need help while setting up? Call us and talk to real and friendly support staff. No automated messages.
14 Reviews (4.5/5)
Please read below about additional product specificaitons.
All Proteus WiFi Sensors require a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network for operation.
Voice Call Alerts
Voice call alerts are part of the advanced options package and is a paid option. Notifications are charged on a per call basis at 9¢/ call
All proteus sensors, unless specified otherwise, are powered directly from a 120-240V AC wall outlet. Simply plugin the sensor to a standard wall outlet and you are good to go.
Basics of a Motion Sensor
The Proteus M5 Wi-Fi Motion Sensor actively engages with its environment to help home and business owners. When away from your property, the device captures movement or stillness that might indicate an emergency. Whether there is a home intruder or an unusual lack of activity, you can count on the installation to send you an alert at the first sign of a problem.
If you're new to motion detectors, you can think of the technology as a second set of eyes working to monitor residential and commercial spaces. Rather than having cameras record footage, the motion sensor plugs into the wall effortlessly to give you peace of mind. There is no need to dig through any footage, as your home or business network alerts you to a problem right away.
Common Applications for Motion Sensors
In the modern era, there is no such thing as being too safe. A home or business is supposed to be a protected location for family, friends and colleagues, and this technology provides security and reassurance. If you care for young children or elderly patients, the Proteus M5 Wi-Fi Motion Sensor is a must-have accessory.
Customers can use these motion detectors during all times of the day. Regardless of whether you're going to sleep for the night or heading to work, custom settings help you:
- Receive alerts for lack of motion at a grandparent's home
- Anticipate deliveries and shipments
- Know when your kids are home from school
- Note the arrival of home improvement specialists, such as lawn care appointments
- Sense activity in the garage or storage room
- Where Can I Place the Wi-Fi Motion Sensors?
- As long as the location has a standard wall outlet and Wi-Fi connectivity, you are free to set up the equipment anywhere. Keep in mind that the Proteus M5 Wi-Fi Motion Sensor is designed for indoor use.
- Mount components away from environments exposed to inclement weather and excess moisture.
Motion sensors are ideal for bedrooms, bathrooms, home offices, workshops, carports and beyond. You have the flexibility to adjust sensitivity levels for accuracy between email, text and call alerts. Configure several modules to one mobile device, so you're always in the know.
More About Pet-Immune Motion Sensors
Do you want to use Proteus Motion Sensors but worry about your pets triggering the device?
These products have passive infrared sensors to dismiss pets and critters up to a specific weight. In other words, multiple sensors make it possible for installations to size up objects and alert users accordingly. For households with multiple pets, you can alter how reactive sensors are for playful dogs, cats and more.
The Proteus M5 Wi-Fi Motion Sensor scans for humans walking upright instead of animals that sit close to the floor. This ensures your smartphone, tablet or computer receives a notification only when absolutely necessary.
More About No-Motion Settings
Setting up custom schedules with the M5 no-motion feature allows you to leave modules plugged in for repeat use. This function is helpful for loved ones who need assistance but do not currently require 24/7 care. Use our motion sensors with alerts to give elderly relatives the independence they desire without having to constantly intrude and reconfigure the technology.
Benefits of Buying Motion Sensors From Proteus
Upgrading or changing your home network setup is a breeze with motion sensors from Proteus. All you have to do is use reset functions on the back of the plugin module, and the motion sensor will forget initial connections. Sync up each module with your current home network, and your accessories are back up on our servers in no time.
Orders ship with everything needed for immediate use, such as the plugin unit and power supply. Our quick start guide is available online in case you misplace it.
Can I install multiple sensor units in the same home or different homes?
Absolutely. When you go through the setup process, just remember to use the same primary email you used to setup your first sensor. All additional sensors will show up automatically on your cloud dashboard.
Can I name each base unit with unique names?
Yes you can. Login to the sensor cloud at proteushub.com, click on the settings tab of each sensor, modify Sensor name/ description field and save the settings. Your sensor has a unique name now. Any alerts will indiciate this name so you will know which sensor is triggering the alert.
Can I share my sensor cloud dashboard with another person?
Yes you can. There are few ways to do this.
1. If you want to share the sensor dashboard home page alone, then you can use the share dashboard widget. This is availabe as a blue and white arrow icon to the right of your sensor dashboard title. Click on it to generate a link to a read-only view of your dashboard. You can share this link (url) with anyone you wish to. They can access the dashboard and see the live data/ status of your sensor. However, they won't have acess to the settings, logs, alarms or any other parts of the cloud. You can delete this link any time you want and the link will stop working. A new link can be generated again if you need to.
2.If you want to share full access to your sensor dashboard in its entirety, you can set a password to the cloud login that you can share with those you want to. They can also login with the primary email and the password.
3.A third, more secure and convenient way is to use Team feature. This is an option available under the advanced package. Like many of the features under advanced options, Team feature is free to use. You can add anyone with an email address to your team. Once they accept your invitation, you can give them access to all or select sensors in your account. You can also control if they have full access or limited (view-only) access. You can also retract the authorization any time.
Place an Order for Proteus M5 Wi-Fi Motion Sensors
The M5 Motion Sensor is the best way to take control of your home or business. Link together multiple devices and forget about batteries and charging, as each unit plugs in for consistent power. Motion sensors from Proteus are backed by a one-year warranty for your ownership satisfaction.
For questions and inquiries, contact Proteus at your earliest convenience.
- Cool Little productThansk for the great support. I had a bit of trouble setting up the alarm intervals. Your guys got back to me within an hour. Product works great. I hope this helps a lot of folks who live by themselves and would like to keep check on if all is well!
- Very SensitiveThe sensor is a bit too sensitive. Ocassionally gets false positives. No way to adjust sensitivity. Otherwise, works well. Setup is easy.
- Works!!!!Pricy, but the feature of alerting when there is no motion is very cool. Very happy with this sensor.
- Got it for my momSaw this on Amazon, bought through here. I have it set in the bathroom with multiple schedules. I can check online to see when was motion detected last. Alerts my cell, email and my husband's phone. Recommended!
- Great product with helpful featuresI purchased Proteus Motion Sensor and I'm testing for a couple of weeks.
The product is very well done and it is easy to use. The requirement to use it is to have an available power outlet and a wifi connection. Once connected to the power outlet you configure it for the first time by connecting to the sensor via wifi, after which the sensor is connected to your home wireless network and can be configured at any time through the web interface offered by their cloud service.
Through this interface you have access to settings, including:
-Planning of days and times when the sensor has to be turned on or off
-Choose whether to receive notifications when motion is detected or when the movements are not detected (the feature I was looking for!)
-set the time interval before being notified
-Receive notifications via email and / or SMS via the Email SMS gateway service
My personal experience is very positive and is helping me a lot to track my father who is elderly and living alone. I highly recommend this product.
- Did not work, But Support was greatGot it for my barn. It will not connect to my router. I called up support and they tried to remotely check and help. No matter what they did, it will not connect. Finally, we gave up. But I was quite pleased with the way they handled the issue. Full refund and they sent me a return shipping label. Wish I could get it running.
- Will buy few moreHello Proteus. Good product. Is it possible to make two sensors talk to each other so only one sends alert?
- Bought it for my back porchI have had this light for about two months now and I love it. I installed it under my porch.I was a bit worried that my dog would trigger it but seems to work smart around pets. Placement was a bit constrained as you plug this into a wall outlet. No batteries. love it.
- So far so good!So far so good with this light. I have been using it now for few months with no issues. Setup was easy, and works well in below zero weather in the porch. Not weather proof though.
- Good unit, But pets could triggerIt works ok, occassionally my dog triggers the sensor. Better results by changing the angle of the sensor, but on the flipside, there is no adjustable stand so it is a bit tricky.